Cottonwoods Pool in Canton, GA is privately owned by Elizabeth A. Frady, certified Water Safety Instructor (WSI), WSIT trainer, Lifeguard Instructor, Community Swim Coach with more than 35 years’ experience.
This facility offers training for teens and pre-teens to participate as Aides or helpers for the swim program. We also have Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors on staff each summer. With this help, we can offer several classes at one time and can accommodate siblings taking classes at the same time. Our Water Safety Aides are very valuable to our program. Many of these helpers have been with us since they were small students themselves.
- Our classes are comprised of Infant/Adult (6months to 2years) who is in the water with a trusted adult for 30 minutes a class, Toddlers-Preschool (2 years to 6years) who have individual helpers of very small groups as needed. We also have experienced adult helpers who come to help as needed.
- We offer Adult lessons in which the adult can progress at their own pace and set their own goals.
- Also, for our 12 to 14-year-old we offer the Red Cross Junior Lifeguard program that prepares the students for Life guarding when they are old enough (15). During the summer we also invite several swim coaches to come and give Swim Clinics for those who would like to learn and improve their competitive strokes.
Other services of this facility are:
- *Community swim from 1:30 to 4:30 each M-Thursday during the weeks the pool is offering classes
- * Pool Parties with lifeguard are available with appointments
- *Lifeguard training and Water Safety Instructor training classes will be available May and June.
Consultants for our program include: Brenda Segall, Peggy Donaldson, Pat Bauer, Ginger Blanton, Kaye Green
Know Before You Go
What to bring
What to expect at lessons
- Add rain policy and makeup policy